After achieving several major product milestones in 2018, we knew that this year would be big. Even so, our momentum in 2019 outpaced our wildest expectations.
OPENED NEW HEADQUARTERS
We kicked off January 2019 by relocating our headquarters to Bethesda, Maryland, a major hub of hospitality innovation. We outgrew our office within six months, and are now in our new, larger HQ right next door. Our move was covered by the Montgomery County Economic Indicators Briefing Q2’19 (page 3) as part of a spotlight piece on the hospitality industry and hotel tech in Montgomery County. We’re excited to be part of the hospitality innovation community.
KICKED OFF SERIES A GROWTH
Rapid adoption of our data visualization dashboard, paperless night audit product, and digital document management solution over the last two years gave way to securing Series A funding in June. The round was led by FINTOP Capital, joined by Capital Now and others, and will be used to further develop our products and expand our sales team.
LAUNCHED NEW PRODUCTS AND SOLUTIONS
We released several new offerings this year:
- The myPerspective mobile app puts your hotel portfolio in your pocket so you can stay abreast of performance anywhere, any time (available in the App Store or get it on GooglePlay)
- Compliance, part of the myDocs solution suite, enables hoteliers to easily comply with the most stringent of regulations and audit requirements, track performance at a glance, and manage from mobile devices
- Budget and Forecasting, part of the myPerspective solution suite, helps hoteliers get through every budgeting season faster and scale your accuracy with unique enhancements like an intuitive UI and built-in boosts like STR data inputs
>2X’D IMPLEMENTATION VOLUME
We welcomed thousands of new properties to the myDigitalOffice platform this year, pushing the total number of platform users to over 5,000. Both Markets Insider and Hotel Business covered Hotel Equities’ adoption the myPerspective solution to automate hotel reporting and improve visibility into its entire property portfolio.
NAMED THE #1 ACCOUNTING & FINANCE SOLUTION
We happily found ourselves ranked in first place on Hotel Tech Report, the Hotel Industry’s #1 Software Authority. Thank you to everyone who contributed a review of myDigitalOffice. We value your input to let us know what you love, and what you want more of!
REFORESTED 2,000+ TREES
As part of an annual resource replenishment program tied to our Paperless Night Audit product, we renewed our annual commitment to reforestation by planting one for every customer property – that’s over 2,000 trees this year alone! See what we’ve accomplished so far.
STRONG, TALENTED LEADERSHIP
In August, our founder/CEO Ali Moloo was selected as one of Phocuswright’s next generation of travel luminaries under 35 and recognized among the brightest talent shaping the future of the travel industry.
We also made several key additions to the executive team this year:
- Sudhir Menon, formerly of Hilton, joined the executive team as Chief Technology Officer to lead the myDigitalOffice platform development
- Peter Repetti, formerly of Zenoss Inc., joined the executive team as Chief Financial Officer
- Amy Maloney, formerly of Rainmaker, joined the executive team as Executive Vice President of Operations to lead myDigitalOffice Support, Onboarding and Client Success
…with more to be announced in January 2020.
THANKS TO OUR ADVISORY BOARD
A major shout-out and thank you to our Advisory Board: Tim Harvey, Chris Green, Georgette George, Imi Moloo, and Bryan Estep. The support of these industry leaders has had an extremely positive impact on our company performance. We can’t wait to see what 2020 brings!
We’re so grateful to step into 2020 — and a fresh new decade — with the wind at our backs. We look forward to continuing to connect the world’s hoteliers, franchisees, property management companies, and global hospitality brands.
Happy New Year from the myDigitalOffice team!