Effective Date: January 26, 2020
All employees of myDigitalOffice who have access to Personal Data covered by this Privacy Shield Policy are responsible for conducting themselves in accordance with this Privacy Shield Policy.
Types of Personal Data Collected
myDigitalOffice collects the following types of Personal Data including, but not limited to: full legal name, company, job title, address, email address, and telephone number.
Methods for Collecting Personal Data
You directly provide myDigitalOffice with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Register for first-party content such as white papers, research reports and webinars
myDigitalOffice may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Registration and attendee “opt-in” data from conferences attended by or sponsored by myDigitalOffice where data provider is the conference organizer or producer
- Registration “opt-in” data from content sponsored by myDigitalOffice where data provider is a media outlet
Third Party Disclosures
myDigitalOffice does not share aggregated demographic information with partners and advertisers. And/or myDigitalOffice uses an outside credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes beyond filling order. And/or myDigitalOffice partners with another party to provide specific services. When the user signs up for these services, names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services are shared. However, these parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
Purposes of Collection and Use
myDigitalOffice collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order, manage your account
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like
When myDigitalOffice processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
myDigitalOffice is the sole owner of the personal information collected and has access to/collect information that individuals voluntarily provide via email or other direct contact. myDigitalOffice will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt-out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop myDigitalOffice from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
Data Protection Rights
myDigitalOffice would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request myDigitalOffice for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that myDigitalOffice correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request myDigitalOffice to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Call us at: (001) 206.438.9957
Or write to us:
4350 East West Hwy, Suite 401
Bethesda, MD 20814 US
Cookies and How We Use Them
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Remarketing special offers to you
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – myDigitalOffice uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – myDigitalOffice uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. myDigitalOffice sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to Manage Cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
myDigitalOffice offers individuals the opportunity to opt out whether their personal information is (i) to be disclosed to a third party or (ii) to be used for a purpose that is materially different from the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individuals. For sensitive information, myDigitalOffice will obtain affirmative express consent (opt in) from individuals if such information is to be (i) disclosed to a third party or (ii) used for a purpose other than those for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individuals through the exercise of opt-in choice.
Disclosures Required by Law
myDigitalOffice may need to disclose Personal Information in response to lawful requests by public authorities for law enforcement or national security reasons or when such action is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding or court order, or when otherwise required by law.
myDigitalOffice will use reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the nature of the Personal Information and the risks involved in the processing that information.
myDigitalOffice takes precautions both online and offline to protect Personal Data. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted in a secure way. This is can be verified through looking for a closed lock icon at the top of web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page. While myDigitalOffice uses encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (e.g. billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers with personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation
myDigitalOffice does not process personal information in a way that is incompatible with the purposes for which it has been collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. We take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and current to the extent necessary for the purposes for the Personal Information is used.
Individuals in the EEA and Switzerland may opt out of any future contacts from myDigitalOffice at any time. Individuals can (i) view available personal information (ii) change/correct any data (iii) request to delete any data or/and (iv) express any concern about use of collected data at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number provided on our website:
Recourse, Enforcement and Liability
myDigitalOffice commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. European Union and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact myDigitalOffice through email@example.com.
myDigitalOffice is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Privacy Policies of Other Websites
How to Contact myDigitalOffice
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail addressed to:
4350 East West Hwy, Suite 401
Bethesda, MD 20814 US
Effective Date: January 26, 2020